PDA

View Full Version : New Blues Demo from Colossus

Doug Rogers
04-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Larry Hall has submitted a nice blues demo made with COLOSSUS (Hot Wing) -

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-164

Robert H. Weston II
04-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Great Work Larry!!! The Guitar playing is authentic, and you certainly have the organ chops!

May I ask if the guitar effects processing is Kompakt or something else?

neoTypic
04-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Awesome demo! I can't imagine the amount of tweaking it took to get the guitar to sound that good!

LHall
04-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys. I do appreciate the nice comments.

It was a fun demo to do. The processing I did on the guitar consists mostly of running it through my POD amp modeler. I used the blackface amp. Then in mixing, which I did in Logic, I just did a little compression and verb and a touch of tape delay.

There was a little tweaking of the guitar patch. I used the bluesmaster lead which has lots of nice articulations dependent on velocity. So after getting a phrase played the way I wanted it, I'd then go in a mess with the velocity of any notes that didn't sound quite right to see if there was a better art to use.

That's about it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Larry

neoTypic
04-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Very cool. Thanks for the process info.

Velocity dependant articulations are neat, especially if you're a good keyboardist/pianist and have that "feel" to get the most of it. For others like myself (and perhaps you) from the sound of it, will spend a bit of time in the piano roll tweaking velocities. Heheh. :D

Jan Morgenstern
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I have to agree to the other posters, this one is really cool! Perhaps you can talk Doug and Nick into increasing the demo budget so you can hire Tom Waits? :D

Keep up the good work!