PDA

View Full Version : Short Action Demo

David John
06-18-2005, 01:30 PM
hey all,

"Good god, not another action piece?" ;)

Thought I'd post a link and get some opinions on a short action demo I finished recently. Had a lot of fun creating it, hope you enjoy it.

I used EWQLSO Gold, StormDrum and a wee bit of EWQLSC.

Sky Fight (http://www.david-john.com/B-Up/SkyFight.mp3)

Cheers,
Dave

BrianSzep
06-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi David,

I enjoyed it. :)

- Brian

David John
06-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Brian, glad you liked it. Thanks for listening.

-Dave

Manvel
06-19-2005, 01:08 AM
ooo pretty cool. lovely build here. i like the drums but wouldve liked to hear the ending differently.

manvel

jralbert
06-20-2005, 07:43 AM
I really enjoyed this! Question: did you accomplish the rising strings effect with just a simple pitch bend, or was there more to it than that? I've got a piece that needs a similar effect, but pitch bend just sounded too synthetic...

Randall
06-20-2005, 02:47 PM
WoW. Great Piece, This is what I was looking for. That is what i want to create with my own music. Really man That is one hell of a good action piece.
Too bad it is so short, looking forward to your next music.

If you wouldnt mind I would be very very glad if you could sent me a midi file for this piece.
It would help me alittle bit with my orchestration.
Thanx in advance

DaveWalton
06-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Hi,

Excellent piece, great sound and very realistic. It's interesting to hear the standard Stormdrum loops and all the creative ways people add music to them.

Dave

liquidcrow
06-20-2005, 05:13 PM
This Rocks! "The Last Stand'' on your site is quite awsome aswell. :) Would it be possible to list all the instruments you used for 'sky fight'? Im just starting out with gold and would like to learn what you used.

Keep on Rockin!

Courier
06-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I really enjoyed this! Question: did you accomplish the rising strings effect with just a simple pitch bend, or was there more to it than that? I've got a piece that needs a similar effect, but pitch bend just sounded too synthetic...
In Gold, that sound and several similar ones are in "F VCS FX" under 10 Cellos.

That's a nice piece, Dave.

David John
06-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Hey jralbert, Courier's got it. Its a Cello FX patch in Gold.

LiquidCrow, Hmm.. Off the top of my head, I used Harp, Vibes, Timpini, 22' Cymbal, Bass Drum, German cymbal, Strings, Brass, Concert Flute, Solo Clarinet, Bassoon, Contra Bassoon, 3 Oboes, Mens Choir, and StormDrum.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Cheers,
Dave

Evan
06-21-2005, 05:27 AM
I liked this alot man..keep it up

David John
06-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey Evan, Thanks man.

Dave

jralbert
06-22-2005, 03:39 PM
In Gold, that sound and several similar ones are in "F VCS FX" under 10 Cellos.

That's a nice piece, Dave.

Curses! Foiled by my stinginess once again! I just couldn't quite bring myself to buy gold, so I bought silver. And now I reap what I have sown. :(

Neilfactory
06-22-2005, 04:41 PM
:) Great, great jobs!
It is very well built.

Neil.

neoTypic
06-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Very nice bud. :)

tango9jeff
06-23-2005, 04:11 AM
Hey david good work man I enjoyed the piece alot! didnt you score the natural selection trailer as well? if so that was a good job too! I enjoy your work and I might be mistaken but I can tell in your music your jeremy soule inspired yes? =) I am as well

Good work

Jeff

David John
06-23-2005, 04:23 AM
Hey david good work man I enjoyed the piece alot! didnt you score the natural selection trailer as well? if so that was a good job too! I enjoy your work and I might be mistaken but I can tell in your music your jeremy soule inspired yes? =) I am as well

Good work

Jeff

Yup! I love Jeremy's music. I think what he did with Total Annihilation was just amazing. Thats when I first realized all that time ago the music for games is heading in the right direction. In my opinion the Morrowind theme http://www.ubi.com/DE/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=308
is a classic. I'm sucker for the fantasy/celtic type stuff.

I did score the new Natural Selection trailer. Glad you liked it.

Cheers,
Dave

tango9jeff
06-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Yes I think it is as classic as they come and very powerful to me. I own morrowind soundtrack and I own every soundtrack he has done. Bravo!

Jeff

Damon
06-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Enjoyed it, great programming man ;) MAKE IT LONGER!!!, lol

ChrisE
06-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Very impressive :) Liked the piece alot.

Morrowind is one of my favourite title pieces. First time i heard it, i went straight to the piano to play it :D

IlogicRobine
06-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Wow , very good, liked it a lot :)
Congratz !

David John
06-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks guys :)