PDA

View Full Version : Nordic / Celtic Piece - Roadside Dance

Per K
06-18-2005, 04:46 PM
This piece is a nordic / celtic style combo. Let me know what you think...

Roadside Dance (http://www.perkihlborg.com/mp3/per_kihlborg-roadside_dance.mp3) <---- new version

Composed with:
EWQLSO Gold
RealGuitar
Prosamples 31

Clockworker
06-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Wow! this is really a great job! beautiful and rich! 2 foix bravo!

I've no feedback! All is perfect at my earring! Fantastic!

Manvel
06-19-2005, 02:13 AM
cool stuff. vry celtic hehe :). sounds like something a king would be listening to back in the day.

manvel

awpmusic
06-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Beautiful music - but unfortunately I have problems with the file - it sounds very distorted from 12 secs onwards - I tried downloading the file but got the same result - sounds like serious clipping - or maybe my download was just a bad one?

Per K
06-19-2005, 02:58 AM
At 12 seconds the base kicks in. Could it be your monitors become overloaded or something?

exstreme
06-19-2005, 04:57 AM
in one word! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :)

svk

awpmusic
06-19-2005, 07:25 AM
Just tried again - seems OK now! And it is a beautiful sound - my sort of music :)

Evan
06-21-2005, 06:37 AM
enjoyed it alot! Thanks for posting

Mills2k
06-26-2005, 02:02 AM
Wow, very pretty. Is the quote from Loch Lomond intentional? :12-:16... "But me and my true love will never meet again" Certainly fits, but if the quote's not intentional, just letting you know it's there and note for note ;).

jakob
06-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Pretty, and very convincing. Well done. I find, however, that the beat comes in a bit too early. I just got accustomed to the sound (the mood was set), and you're already starting to bring in a big beat. It's a bit startling to me. Otherwise, very well done.

Oneilio
06-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Exceptional melodies my friend! I really love the flow of the music. One thing i thought could have been infinitely better was the percussion. having an authentic celtic beat with celtic percussion as opposed to orchestral percusion would have added alot more to the piece IMO. also, some irish whistles would have been a good touch. The song is celtic at heart, but it has mainly all orchestral instrumentation. I would've liked to have seen a more traditional celtic style with maybe a fiddle solo joined in later by a string section. And more bagpipes! bagpipes are awsome, you should have used them a bit more IMO. There's nothing really wrong with your mix here, i would have just LOVED to have heard a more authentic celtic tune, i think it would've really brought out the best in the tune. It's really good though, i really enjoyed it. I'd give it a 9/10.

DaveWalton
07-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Wow! Almost missed this one. I agree with the comment about the drums coming in early. It's long enough and evolves nicely and there's plenty of time for them to be introduced a little later as the song develops.

Very nice and I look forward to more.

Dave

Per K
07-25-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm bumping my own thread to post the new version (without the bit that sounds like Loch Lomond). I also removed some low-end. With my luck it probably sounds like something else now...

Roadside Dance (http://www.perkihlborg.com/mp3/per_kihlborg-roadside_dance.mp3)