PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

Oyster Boy
06-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi,

i am oyster boy.

And i just wanted to say that i am very excited about joining this cool forum:)

I cant wait to share my music and listen to yours.

I have just finished the Music for the media course and i have also played in a band called ebonylake.

I am a ewql gold xp user and also ewql choirs, and i luuuuuv them:D

Thanks

Nash
06-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Welcome mate,

I am looking forward to hearing some of your music :D

Oyster Boy
06-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Nash

Thanks for the welcome, i will post some music when i figure out how!!!!:confused:

Jim Curits
06-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi bud,

It's nice to see a fellow composer very close to home, well done on completing the MFTM course, you've come to a great forum.:D

Vatroslav
06-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi Nash

Thanks for the welcome, i will post some music when i figure out how!!!!:confused:
Why did you remind me of the Blue Oyster Bar from Police Academy ... ? :D

Welcome, bro ...

The easiest way to share your work are places like soundclick or myspace, or www.rapidshare.com if you don't want to go through the whole account opening process and don't care if others download you work.

Oyster Boy
06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
hi jim where abouts are you from mate?

MFTM was exellent dont you think?

Jim Curits
06-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi mate,

I'm from Lancashire...yes the course was just what I needed to re kick start my music world.;)

Oyster Boy
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Why did you remind me of the Blue Oyster Bar from Police Academy ... ? :D

Hi vatroslave, hope you didnt look at my picture i posted and think of the blue oyster bar:D

Thanks for the info bud.

Now where did i put that leather cap and whip.:D

Oyster Boy
06-29-2007, 03:08 PM
hi jim,

do you find it hard getting work coming from up north. Everything seems london based:(

Jim Curits
06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes your right mate more pitches seem to come from London etc, but all capitals get the best spoils etc.
If you believe in your dream and goals then just keep plugging away! Things will happen for you.;)

Oyster Boy
06-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Cheers Jim:)

Vatroslav
06-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi vatroslave, hope you didnt look at my picture i posted and think of the blue oyster bar:D

Thanks for the info bud.

Now where did i put that leather cap and whip.:D
Maybe you left it on the pool table ... :D

Also, if you upload on rapidshare, you won't lose any quality to the sound, while soundclick, myspace and alike usually require you to post mp3s which get additionally compressed down to 128 kb/s (if you haven't done that already) for space and streaming purposes.

fongi
06-30-2007, 04:20 AM
Hey Oyster Boy, I like your picture, I donīt think it will get you any paying gigs though !? :D
Iīm sure you will enjoy yourself here, by the way, the MTFM course is O.K. but much too expensive for what you get, I checked out the website of a tutor I had and quite frankly some of his music was sucks !! Look forward to hearing some of your titles. :D

Oyster Boy
06-30-2007, 04:34 AM
hi fongi,

you are right about the picture, i dont think anyone will take me seriously with it:D
i think i will change it latter.

One thing about the MFTM course is that everything seems really dated, like as if the course was designed in the early nineties.

SBallard
06-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Greetings and welcome. Don't feel to bad about being away from the area where all the major pitches come from. Like Jim said, stick to your dream and keep at it. Something may come your way.

Oyster Boy
07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks SBallard

its great to hear words of encouragement, cos it somtimes feels like i have no chance living in the middle of nowhere. Im not complaining though because i will just keep trying no matter what thanks again bro:)

MacMatt
07-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Welcome Oyster Boy!
I wonder what did you see when your photo was made... :)
Greeting from a rainy Switzerland!

Matteo

Oyster Boy
07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
hi macmatt

i had just seen my own reflection in the mirror:D

thanks for the welcome