PDA

View Full Version : Forum Newbie

manoian
06-30-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm new to this forum, but in no way new to music production. I'm a classically trained pianist and used to teach Piano Performance and Music Theory at the School of Sacred Arts when it was located in Livonia, MI.

I started sequencing MIDI on a Mac II in the late 80's using one of the first versions of Opcode Vision. Anyone remember this? http://www.cassiel.com/space/Gearhead/Opcode+Vision/vision.gif

My studio then grew into a few tall racks of outboard sound modules, samples and effects units around a Mackie 32-8bus mixer and an ADAT (still MIDI based). Since then, I've literally dumped all of my outboard gear and am now working entirely in a Core 2 Duo Pro Tools box. It is amazing to see how music technology has changed over the past 20 years.

See you around!

-- Paul

Vatroslav
06-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Welcome, bro!

SBallard
06-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Welcome Paul. I think you'll enjoy this forum.

Ranger
06-30-2007, 03:41 PM
yes I agree times have changed I started with the timex sinclair then c-64 thats when the midi came in I only re-gained my courage to record, to do it with software this time and I must say its wonderful no more intrusions its you and only you.

Welcome its a good forum lots of solid info here

JohnLord
07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Welcome, manoian!

I'm fairly new around here too. Folks are very helpful, so you'll soon feel at home.

I've been writing songs since Adam first saw Eve, and I worked as a pro Pianist-Entertainer up till recently.

I hate that work 'retired', but let's say I prefer 'music-with-the-mouse' these days. I started using Cubase on the Atari back in 1995 (no audio then!), and I must say that working with the lastest VSTi's & software samplers is a dream...

Have fun!

John, www.songland.com.

Kaatza_Music
07-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi, Manoian,

Welcome!

My first sequencer was a Yamaha QX21 or something like that. Then I got an Atari STe with Notator SL. It worked fine for Midi but had no audio. I then upgraded to Logic 1.0 and have stayed with Logic ever since.