PDA

View Full Version : INTRO!!!!!!

Solstheim
07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Hello Everyone :)

My name is Chris Heinmiller, im 19 years old and live in the small city of Lexington KY.
I became fascinated with music back in march of 2003 when i discoverd the thrash metal band "Slayer". I also discoverd metallica and other thrash greats like megadeth,anthrax, and Exodus. A few months later in august 2003 I picked up the guitar after being inspired by the metallica album "...and justice for all" I then became absolutely obsessed with guitar and composing music and havent stopped since. I have formed a few metal bands in which I was the lead guitarist and main songwriter. My most sucessfull band being "Varden Fall" which gained a decent sized fan base here in kentucky and a few other states. We played about 11 shows, released a demo, then the band died after our virtuoso drummer and bassist had to return to south america as they were exchance students. Unable to find people to fill thier giant shoes we played one last show with a temporary drummer and decided to put the project on hold due to lack of interest. I have since started my own solo work in which i compose Ambient/folk influenced classical pieces under the name of "Solsthiem". I dont have much of an interest in metal anymore so I think this is the path I will take for the rest of my life. My work is influenced by various game composers such as Jeremy Soule and Kow Otani. Also are a number of experimetal folk/ambient/metal artists such as Tenhi, Dead Can Dance, Of the wand and the moon, Vali, Bathory, Sol Invictus, Empyrium, Death In June, and countless amounts of others. I enjoy all types of music and try to incorporate as many styles as possible into my pieces. I have released one album under the name of Solstheim so far, which sold over 50 copies in its first month allowing me to buy a new guitar and winning me a review in a german webzine entitled "oblevon.de" The response from everyone was very good so I am planning on sticking with this project for quite some time. As of now i am recording the second album for Solstheim which will expand upon the first while also adding new acoustic elements and choirs from the excellent symphonic choirs library. I use various software from east west/ quantum leap and native instruments to compose all of my music. I also incorporate live acoustic and electric guitar playing and sometimes vocals. I am completely self taught, no absolutely no theory or how to read music. I have developed a good ear through lots of music listening and practice which has allowed me to become excellent at improvisation. I am a very dedicated musician and practice guitar and keyboard anywhere from 3 to 6 hours a day. My guitar style is greatly influenced by technical masters such as shawn lane, greg howe, and tony macapline as well as european folk artists, film scores, and electronica/ambient music. I dont believe in following rules, I develop my own ways of doing everything and wont do something unless it is comfortable to me. I develop my own theory, fingerings and playing techniques for both guitar and keyboard which has earned me great respect from friends and fellow musician who find my style refreshing. I aim to be an innovator, I derive no pleasure from copying the styles of others, but rather incorperating thier influences into my own style. I believe that emotion and creativity are the most important things in music and without them it is nothing. I dont release music for criticism nor am i looking for advice on my music, I make music to express my emotions and plainly because i just enjoying doing it more than anything else in the world. I do things my way or no way at all, that has always been my philosphy from the start. I appreciate all types of work and never feel it right to criticize others work as it comes from thier heart. When i am not composing music for solstheim, I play imrpvoisation shows with my friend David who is a classical/experimental pianist. Our music can basically be described as highly emotional improvisation music that is straight from the heart and matches the exact emotions we are feeling at the time. There is no planning we just start playing and let our hearts guide us. This project is proving to be quite sucesfful and we plan to record a live improvisation demo sometime in the following months. I have also had the oppurtunity to work with many wonderful foreign musicians, mainly from soth america, I just recently recorded some matieral with a very talented multi instrumentalists from chile by the name of "Maximilliano Zagal" We were both like minded musicians who believed in creativity and having a highly personal style, so we got together and recorded some jazz/funk imrpvosation pieces and one chilean folk cover. This was an absolutely amazing experince as i am greatly influenced by foreign folk music. My dream as a musician/composer is to make amazingly beautiful and emotional music to touch people and take them on mind journeys. I am also very intersted in composing music for role playing games in the vein of elder scrolls or world of warcraft and maybe even some experimental films once my skills improve. I would also like to be sucessfull with my solo and improvisation projects.

Anyway

I love music more than anything and want to share it with the world :)

I am really glad to be a part of this forum, everyone on here is extremely talented and offer some amazing works. I wish you all the best in the future and hope you are extremely sucessful in your musical goals.

Thank you,

Chrsistopher David Heinmiller

If you would like to check out my work...
www.myspace.com/solstheim5
www.soundclick.com/solstheim (you can listen to the entire Solstheim album here)
www.myspace.com/vardenfall
http://www.myspace.com/caleucheproject
http://www.myspace.com/robertochaveztrio

fongi
07-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi Chris, nice to have you here, I enjoyed your book ! Chris :D

Oyster Boy
07-10-2007, 01:50 PM
A BIG hello from me

and welcome to the forum. I like your taste in music, Dead can dance etc.

I think you would also like the french band Elend, have you heard them?

I also appreciate a strong personal style in music and strive for that also.

If you ever get the chance check out my old band Ebonylake on the on the internet
(shamless plug i know;) ) but i think you would like the music, or maybe not :D

anyway, nice talking to ya.

fongi
07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
P.S. Sorry about Oyster Boys pic, he still hasnīt got round to changing it ????? :confused:

Oyster Boy
07-10-2007, 02:37 PM
sorry if i am offending you with my bad head fongi.

If it makes you feel sick i will gladly remove it (the picture, not my head:D ) and replace it with somthing nicer to look at. Maybe a dogs ass or something, anyway my friend back to the music.

fongi
07-13-2007, 03:28 AM
Sorry, I thought it was a dogs ass ! No donīt mind me I love your picture, really, everybody does ! :D :D :D