PDA

View Full Version : My First Gold Arrangement: Mozart's Maurerische Trauermusik

fitchmicah
06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
I just got Gold in the mail today and I was so excited! I have been waiting about a week, so I had downloaded Mozart's Maurerische Trauermusik (k477) from Mutopia (http://www.mutopiaproject.org).

My only regret is that I didn't take the time to learn keyswitching... It would have helped with some articulations on the melodies!

Here is my first experience with EWQLSO Gold!

Mozart Maurerische Trauermusik (http://micahfitch.com/music/Mozartk477Maurerische%20Trauermusikcopyrightmicahf itch2005.mp3)<------------------------------------------------

Sadly, there was some weird exporting glitch and there is a little pop and some of the instruments drop out for an instant in the middle. After that, there are some other weird problems, and it makes me sad.

fitchmicah
06-22-2005, 10:38 AM
So has anyone looked at this?

jakob
06-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I must confess I don't think I have ever heard a real orchestra playing Mozart's Maurerische Trauermusik before. The Gold sounds great here, but, as computer-generated sounds always must, they fall short of a real orchestra. I don't have the gold, so I don't know how hard it is to achieve this kind of sound, but I am sure I couldn't do it that way if you sent me your gold edition today.

So, overall, nice job, but I personally would stay away from classical pieces intended for live orchestra (esp. pieces that feed on individual instrument's sound and texture). I bet it was fun just playing with your new toy though, and that's what counts! :D

Stefan Podell
06-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Sadly, there was some weird exporting glitch and there is a little pop and some of the instruments drop out for an instant in the middle. After that, there are some other weird problems, and it makes me sad.

Download the update to the Kompakt Instrument from www.native-instruments.com. They finally fixed this bug! :D :D :D

banquo
07-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Hmmm. Really enjoyed that tbh, buying Gold seems to have been a good investment for you!

please keep it up.