PDA

View Full Version : Animation movie - Composition for a contest

amo
04-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Hi to all,

Here we go, one has to be first.... I've posted that on NS forum already, but I thought a fresh post would allow other users to hear that and leave comments. That was a contest for the Berlinale Talent Campus, we were sent the film, totally silent, and it was up to us, with no directions....
The composition was made with gold only, out of the box, no additionnal mixing but volumes, no panning, no mastering. It is not worked "to the end", means some articulations could be more suttle, though it was fast done and was meant to be re-recorded by a real orchestra.

http://groc.org/Video/hearts.wmv for windows media player
http://groc.org/Video/hearts.mov for quicktime

Thanks for your attention,
Regards,

Amaury

IvanP
04-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi Amo, I was on the Talent Campus as well... did we meet? We weren't that many composers... I was the drunk spanish composer with curly hair :)

amo
04-04-2005, 11:00 AM
I think we met... not sure, maybe on the day of the excursion to the studio... Where are you based ? Madrid ? If I remember well we had a VERY short discussion, not sur though... You work with EWQLSO too ? Which one ? (we can discuss further by email not to polute threads with private stuff...)
Cheers,

Amaury

Waterboy
04-04-2005, 08:23 PM
very impressive! I found it to be most creative and unique! Enjoyed checking it out! thanks for sharing! :)

amo
04-06-2005, 03:42 AM
299 views and at least 160 people listened to that.... Woaow....... Some comments ?
Regards,

Amaury

avalon
04-06-2005, 05:46 AM
hello amo,
i hear your track, and the only thing i want to do,
is to destroy my equipment.
All the times i compose i never get any result sounding as great as yours.
Very impressive and professional.
Thank you for posting this

amo
04-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Why destroy our equipment ???? :rolleyes:
What librairy do you use ? This piece is Gold only, out of the box, no mixing, no mastering, so it was not very difficult for me to get it sounding like that.... It was more difficult for Doug and k to bring such a good sounding librairy..... Nic ;)
Anyway, thanks for the comment, and keep working, only work can achieve good results... And to tell the truth, I find my track far from perfect sounding, but that's another story.
Regards,

Amaury

(are you avallongalaxy from NS forum ? If yes, you already know what I think of your work..... Great !)

avalon
04-07-2005, 12:54 AM
hy amo,
yes i am avalongalaxy.
I use EWQLSO Silver, Garritan Personal Orchestra, some DanDean Woodwinds,
Stormdrums, Absynth.

cu andy

amo
04-07-2005, 03:32 AM
So, if you are the one, you should definitely not destroy your equipment ! :p I heard your stuff and even left you a sincere "congrats" on another forum that I won't name here..... I just loved it.
So from now on, let's stop giving each other polite words. I like your job, you like my job, great mate !
Keep me updated,

Best,

Amaury

Scott Rogers
04-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Amo, I think you had a really good take on this. It imparts a certain character to the picture. Nicely done!

amo
04-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Thanks Scott. I think at least it is a bit different from what we hear as demos, good to have many kinds of stuff.
Still miss the "thread rating" though, and I'm against rating it myself.... :rolleyes:
Waiting to hear some of your work as well, as I like to know people from their music.

Regards,

Amaury, the happy first poster of that section ;)