PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

dstress
07-22-2007, 09:37 PM
I work a lot in TV lately. Write for a music library that gets many placements. Finished programming on a film in May using Vienna instruments. Just bought Fab 4 and Gypsy but can't get them to work at all Hope to find some new friends here to share with.

Dstress

fongi
07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Nice to have you here, do you use Vienna strings ? yuk !!!! the worst sample library I have ever bought ! :D

Phantom
07-23-2007, 12:44 PM
welcome to the forum

you will definitely find nice friends here trust me

:)

all the best

dstress
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Fongi,

Are you kidding? :) We've used everything ever produced and have gotten the best results with Vienna Instruments. The score we just programmed fooled many people even the top brass at the production company. My background is classical and I find I can do great work with this library. Sure it takes time to make everything right but having the articulations so easy to use with key switches etc makes it a breeze compared to the past.

fongi
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Well if they work for you thatīs fine I guess. I have a whole bunch of articulations in Gold XP Pro as well. Iīm suprised you say you have fooled Top Brass in production companies ? O.K. can you fool "top brass" ? I use programme changes in Kontakt 2 which is also a breeze, everyone to their own I guess. If you know someone who wants VSL strings you can buy mine cheap, I never use them. :D

Erik Wietzel
07-28-2007, 07:46 AM
I work a lot in TV lately. Write for a music library that gets many placements. Finished programming on a film in May using Vienna instruments. Just bought Fab 4 and Gypsy but can't get them to work at all:confused: Hope to find some new friends here to share with.

Dstress

Welcome Dstress, hoping you're not that much in distress, anyway;)

What do you mean by "Fab 4 and Gypsy but can't get them to work at all" ?

dstress
08-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Welcome Dstress, hoping you're not that much in distress, anyway;)

What do you mean by "Fab 4 and Gypsy but can't get them to work at all" ?

Hi Erik,

I decided to try these programs on my new Mac and they work great within Cubase 4 as the host. Just had a lot of problems on my PC's. They are very stable now on the MAC.

Cheers!

:D

Gedren
08-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Hi Dstress! Nice to meet you. :)