PDA

View Full Version : Well, Hello One and All !!

amorphix
07-25-2007, 03:25 AM
Hi Everyone

As you can see, I am a n00b to this forum, so go easy on me......:D

I am based in the UK and have just invested in EWQLSO Gold Bundle....so, a big thanks to East West for a cracking offer and a not so big thanks for enticing me to part with 300. ha.ha.

As far as musical background goes, I have nine years piano lessons tucked under my belt...albeit many moons ago, and still try and keep my hand in when time allows, which isn't very often. My main musical interests have always been towards the esoteric, experimental, industrial and dark ambient ends of the music spectrum and it is under a dark ambient banner that I now record as amorphix.

I have been using GPO2 for my orchestral sounds and this has served me very well. I'm now looking forward to getting going with EWQLSO Gold and playing with the articulations and trying to inject a degree of realism into my music. I am also looking forward to learning more on the principles of orchestration as at present I bend and warp the rules to suit my 'orrible musical whims.

My main aim is to write atmospheric, dark ambient music with orchestral interludes, not film composition or classical orchestral material, per se. Musical influences include Dead Can Dance, In The Nursery, The Protagonist, Sephiroth, Raison D'etre, Triarii and a whole host of other bands.

In my 'spare' time I write reviews under the name Adam X for the Heathen Harvest website (www.heathenharvest.com) which concerns itself with underground music in a post-industrial vein (inc. Industrial, Power Electronics/Noise,Dark Ambient, Neo-folk, Martial Industrial, Metal and Tribal).

If you want to have a listen to a couple of amorphix tracks feel free to listen to these. Should give some idea of where I am (not) going........

Persephone (The Rites of Spring) (http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4047102&q=hi)

A Gnostic Hymn (Liber XV) (http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4262799&q=hi)

Hoping to be able to offer something a bit more polished in the future....although, judging by some of the exemplary music I've listened to here, already, I'm going to be forever in the shadow of others greater than I.:)

Looking forward to participating here....

best wishes
Adam

fongi
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi Adam, welcome here have fun ! Chris :D