PDA

View Full Version : WHAT WRONG WITH THIS BOARD!!

exstreme
06-25-2005, 03:58 PM
i don't get it ennymore!!!

i have posted 3 demo's,and it takes me 2 month's to make it!! :)and i did it with my hart and feelings and the best i can do this moment.

and i have until now only 3 serieus opinions from the 266 views and that is really disapointed me

but what makes me really SAD!!,that is CHOIR EXPERIMENT 1,that is a EXPERIMENT!!! generates music from a picture,and he has maby creat this in one day and there is nothing wrong with experimental stuff and this posted today and he get 15 serious responses includding me :confused:

i am not gonna say my music is the best and it is maby not for every ones ears,but is is not that bad in my opinion :rolleyes:

SO CAN ANY ONE TEL ME WHAT DID I WRONG!!,MOST I MAKE THIS MUSIC TOO!! TO GET SOME SERIEUS RESPONSES!!!

MY QUESTION IS WHY CAN YOU MAKE TIME FOR AN RESPONS TO THIS AND KICK THIS SONG IN THE GROUND AND NOT FOR SOMEONE THATS POST A NONE EXPERIMENTAL SONG!!?:confused:

i dont wanna to push you people,i just wanna to make a point!!

Mills2k
06-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I know exactly how you feel :( . I've had to put so much pressure on all my posts to get people to respond... bump them occasionally to make sure they're near the top of the page. There's a thread on Hardware for instance that just not many people weighed in on... thanks for those who did, but I kept on having to bump it to try to get a response but it never happened.

Part of the problem is I think it's a little intimidating to post 3 demos, because I at least feel obliged to comment on all 3 in one sitting (which I'm about to do, partially out of guilt, and partially out of interest ;) ). Anyways, it's easier if you do one at a time, I guess... as for grabbing peoples' interest? I have no idea... I haven't figured it out quite yet either... but in the process, there's no reason to insult Igrohn and his music. Despite what you may think, I'm pretty sure Igrohn actually puts quite a bit of work and effort into his pieces, although the compositional process is not as long as his orchestration process.

ToddK
06-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, if you've read the "music by pictures" thread, you know i agree.
It sounds pretty horrible.
Well, i'll say, it sounds horrible, To ME. Not saying its intrinsically horrible.:)
Im just saying, it makes my teeth itch. So i can only stand to listen
for a few seconds. :(

These boards are crazy, and i wouldnt worry to much about lack of input
during certain periods.
I've noticed that sometimes people have more time to post responses
than other times.
It depends on when you post.

Its totally unpredictable. This place was dead last weekend. But there's a ton
of stuff going on this weekend.

TK

Evan
06-25-2005, 11:39 PM
nothing...

awpmusic
06-26-2005, 09:33 AM
i have posted 3 demo's,and it takes me 2 month's to make it!! :)and i did it with my hart and feelings and the best i can do this moment.

That's just the way it goes sometimes - my latest piece with RA/Stormdrum has had 60+ listens in a couple if days and no comments - maybe our music just defies description!! Don't take it personally.

drew
06-26-2005, 10:49 AM
For some reason, I think people are reluctant to be critical. They tend to only post positive comments. To me, there is nothing more pointless than the 'awesome job, bud' type of reply. Except for their ego, how does that help anyone?

Another thing that might help is to ask for specific comments. How is the mix? Is the orchestration convincing? Do the strings sound natural? Anything to give us a clue as to the kinds of feedback you want. I'm more inclined to respond to these types of posts.

lgrohn
06-26-2005, 11:12 AM
I second that.

lovelysilence
06-26-2005, 01:57 PM
hey man, don't you know anything about psychology? When people don't respond with things like 'wow great' and 'that's cool man, keep up the good work', which are totally pointless as drew states, your piece is probably much better than what they could ever make. So less is more here. It's all jealousy. Either that or the piece is totally boring.
Sorry i didn't have the time to listen yet, since i'm busy. So i'm not one of the 266 views. But i'll comment later.

exstreme
06-26-2005, 03:45 PM
hey man, don't you know anything about psychology? When people don't respond with things like 'wow great' and 'that's cool man, keep up the good work', which are totally pointless as drew states, your piece is probably much better than what they could ever make. So less is more here. It's all jealousy. Either that or the piece is totally boring.
Sorry i didn't have the time to listen yet, since i'm busy. So i'm not one of the 266 views. But i'll comment later.

i am absoluut not jealousy,than you have not read the point i wil make,i am more disapointed and that is something else than jealousy ;)

svk

ToddK
06-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Extreme,

You misunderstood Lovely's point. :p

He wasnt saying You were jealous. :)

lovelysilence
06-27-2005, 02:58 AM
Thanks ToddK

exstreme
06-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Extreme,

You misunderstood Lovely's point.

He wasnt saying You were jealous.

i am sorry lovelysilence,i was wrong in my respons :o
i read the line again and now i understand what you mean :)

maby i had to many trane in my eyes,when i was reading this :D

thanks for the correction ToddK ;)