PDA

View Full Version : Lowly Noob saying hi to everyone!!!

-joey-
08-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi guys :D

j/k, am not really a geek...i hope.

well, i've been involved with music for a very long time. Playing the piano since i was 6 moving onto guitar when i was 12 with a bit of drums/percussion in their aswell. I am currently studying physics at uni which i feel is my biggest life mistake as i have very little time to do anything else really :(

I am in a band at the moment currently looking for a singer. Classic/Progressive rock. You can hear us at myspace.com/axiomonline

For the past 4 years, since i turned 17 really, i have developed an intense interest in film music and orchestration. I listen to scores constantly. Some of my absolute favourites are 'Braveheart', 'gladiator', 'LOTR'. I Particularly like James Horner and the atmospheres Hans Zimmer can create with his trademark drums. I will sometimes just stick the first track of braveheart on because i cant get enough of the uuilean pipes motif at the beginning. Stunning work. I cant get enough of John williams magical ability to always create a perfect theme for a movie. Not to mention his incredible orchestration talents.

I also like much music from the romantic period. Particularly solo piano, Brahms mainly. I also like Baroque for a change now and again. brandenburg concertos are a favourite. Classical period is my least favourite but i still find gems to my liking in there.

Other than Most film music, I like Deep Purple, Thunder, yes, Gabiel, Gabriel era Genesis to name a few. Adiamus deserves a mention also.

After my degree, when i have time, i plan on seriously studying orchestration and entering the incredibly competitive music for media career.

I have scanned a few threads and everybody seems to be keen and helpful towards others, not being overly competitive, which i like and am very much looking forward to joining the community and getting to know everyone.

My current setup is windows xp, running athlon 64 3700+. 1 raptor at 70gb. 1 dedicated music drive (caviar) at 250gb. I am running symphonic orchestra gold and stormdrum.

I am currently saving up for gold pro xp and stormdrum 2. allthough i have a feeling i will have to upgrade my comp drastically if i am to compose seriously, but i will post in tech for info on that as i am in need of advice.

I am looking forward to posting some of my work on here when i have chance to work on some properly and hearing the advice of people here. I have listened to a few works by members, particularly "Voices of Expedition", which was amazing. I cant wait to hear your feedback.

Sorry for my long rant and i will see you around the forums i am sure.

Cheers

fongi
08-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Hi north of England man ! and welcome ! :D

pasimpilot
08-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Hello Joey and welcome to our forum!!
Stephen

Nash
09-18-2007, 09:44 PM
As Chris and Stephen say Welcome to forum :)

Crystallions
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi Joey - Welcome to the forum!

I have only been here for some days myself but have already learned a lot and have met some pretty amazing people. You will like it here. :)

~ Lydia

-joey-
09-20-2007, 06:13 AM
i know. There are some incredibly talanted people here and i hope to learn many things.

thankyou all for your warm welcome.

joe

kersh
09-23-2007, 09:19 AM
ello ello, welcome to the forum dude :)