PDA

View Full Version : It's me...

MichaelV
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
...not so much a "noobie", more a change of name and update. I was working in TV for several years (BBC's 1 & 2,ITV, Channel's 4 & 5, Discovery,National Geographic,etc), and did a lot,a lot, a lot of music library. Now working in features, collaborating with another illustrious member of this site. Great community and lots of fun and interesting people and insights.

Hope you can take some time to visit my site, and thanks for dropping in!

http://www.vickerage.com

Nash
08-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Cool! then welcome again!

:)

fongi
08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi and welcome, I like that "Beast" track very nicely done !! If you are doing features you wont have much time to look around here right ? I have two features this year and there isnt enough time in the day for me, I used to be here a lot but no time these days !! good luck and enjoy :D

MichaelV
09-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Thanks so far, guys: appreciate your time. Beast: yeah, a kind of slasher/scarey monster hybrid. Not sure if it's my favourite, but it does the job, I guess. I'm very happy with the trailer to the film we're working on, and so was the director and producers. That's playing in theatres and TV throughout Europe, presently.

Things are busy: back to back films here too, for the next year, with a Hollywood biggie in the offing. We shall see. At least, it's all real orchestra from now on, but the irony is that realistic mockups are even more important now than before. TV is more forgiving of acoustic approximations: those dodgy docudramas come and go alarmingly quickly, and the voice over is the focus, primarily.

As far as I'm concerned, it's all about real instruments, and always will be; but I do like mixing it with electronics, and Jerry Goldsmith's influence still looms large. Let's not forget Bernard Herrman's pioneering work in that area,either....

MichaelV
09-01-2007, 05:44 AM
PS: good luck with your projects,Fongi ;)

fongi
09-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Im just "small time" Im not such a big fish as you......:rolleyes: no Hollywood biggies for me

MichaelV
09-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm still a guppy:it hasn't happened 'til it's happened, and even then it could be a flop...

Please let me know where I can watch out for your work: I'm interested.