PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Texasguy
09-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi folks,

I just wanted to say it's a real pleasure to meet y'all and I look forward to getting to know everybody.

I'm just a plain old east texas cowboy but I love playing piano and I hope to be able to learn some orchestral tips from you folks. I recently purchased EWQLSO gold xp and also choirs to go along with Ivory and Cubase 4. And I must say they are two wonderful programs.

I recently recorded my first little piece. It's just a short piano thing where I was fiddling around with chords and decided to record it.

Dreams of Artemis (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=745541)

Again it's nice to meet everybody

fongi
09-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi and welcome I really enjoyed your piano piece very nice, keep writing. Chris

jmd2479
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I really liked your piece. In fact, I liked the romantic, heroic, harmonically provocative 1st half so much that I was disappointed towards the end when you used more predictable pop-contemporary harmonies. Anyway...just my two cents. Definitely looking forward to hearing more!

Cheers :D

Texasguy
09-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the kind replies. And I know what you mean about being disappointed with the last part. I was too. But the thing is I do that all the time. I will come up with a nice little jingle that doesn't last very long. But it takes me a long time to actually come up with things that will go with it to stretch it out and make it into a respectable length. So I will set that aside and work on another jingle that I thought of that is also short. And by then it's late and I am tired but I think "I might as well tie the two together for now and make a song even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense". Then later I will separate the two and make different tunes of each of them. I know that sounds strange but that's how I work most of the time.

DallasComposer
09-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey fellow Texan, welcome aboard (gives a big wave from Dallas, actually Mesquite).

Nice little piece there.

Wishing you all the best.

Nash
09-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Welcome texas cowboy!

You will have fun here and will learn heaps!

Nash