PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt

Kaatza_Music
06-28-2005, 01:14 AM
The_Hunt.mp3 (http://portelance.thejukebox.tv/songs/hi/The_Hunt.mp3) (6:02)

Library: EWQLSO Gold

I spent last weekend playing around with Gold and this piece was the result. It's a little rough, I didn't have time to tweak it yet (dynamics, articulations, EQ, etc.) so it's pretty much just what I played into the sequencer. I would like to extend the development and perhaps add a coda. Just trying to do something that sounds like a classical film score . . .

I used 6 instances of Kompakt with Gold on my G4.

I would appreciate any feedback as I am new to sample libraries and am just getting the hang of it. This is my 2nd completed piece with Gold, the first was in the Christmas contest :)

DaveWalton
06-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi,

Nice piece for just being played in. The brass stabs are a little short but those are things you'll work out.

One thing I didn't like is the transition at 0:59. It wasn't a transition really, it just abruptly changed and didn't seem to work.

Post the piece again when you've had a chance to do the tweaking you mentioned.

Dave

Kaatza_Music
06-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Hi,

Nice piece for just being played in. The brass stabs are a little short but those are things you'll work out.

One thing I didn't like is the transition at 0:59. It wasn't a transition really, it just abruptly changed and didn't seem to work.

Post the piece again when you've had a chance to do the tweaking you mentioned.

Dave

You're right the transition sucked, I re-did it and tweaked some things. Can you clarify more what you meant by the brass stabs? Thanks.

I won't touch it again until after the June contest ends.

Beach
06-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Kaatza,
I really like your piece, you deeply go inside of the GOLD edition using a lot of instruments!!!
Really great work!!!
I see your piece perfectly blend for a TV movie!!!!
Congrats again!

My best reagards,
Roberto

ChrisBouchard
06-30-2005, 05:40 AM
The opening is very nice indeed & this piece is long - quite an acheivment in itself

one thing, you might find, is adding a touch of overall reverb glosses it all over a little to help the elements blend. Impressive considering no tweaking done yet. I'd really like to hear what you can do with the added tweaking of expression, dynamics & editing a few note lengths.

I think DaveWalton means the brass stabs at 0:22. To me this bit would sound more natural legato, reinforced with strings, or with a rythmic bouncing counter melody on strings?
it's tricky one

DaveWalton
07-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I think DaveWalton means the brass stabs at 0:22. To me this bit would sound more natural legato, reinforced with strings, or with a rythmic bouncing counter melody on strings?
it's tricky one

Hi,

I've been out. Yes, I meant the brass stabs at around the 0:22 mark. Good suggestions from ChrisBouchard.

Thanks,

Dave