PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Oklahoma

Crystallions
09-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Hello,

I am a composer from Oklahoma (originally from Sweden). I started out writing songs for weddings back in Sweden and when I moved to the US 1997 I started writing classical music for live performance. About a year ago I did my first film score ("The Sweetest Perfection" by Danny Vardi) and I loved it.

I have been using GPO for a couple of years and just bought my first copy of EWQLSO Platinum + Symphonic Choirs. I am excited! :)

Please, leave a comment or send me a mail. I would love to "meet" you.

Have a wonderful day,
Lydia

www.lydialashton.tv
(my web site)

www.myspace.com/lydialashton
(filmscoring stuff)

www.myspace.com/lydialashton2
(classical stuff)

Crystallions
09-12-2007, 07:33 AM
I have been spending some time this morning listening to some of the music composed by other composers here on the forum. What a great inspiration. I am very happy that I found this forum. So much excellence.

~ Lydia

DallasComposer
09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Welcome aboard Lydia, great to have you here .. I'm south of the Red River :-)

From Sweeden to Oklahoma, now that's a change!

fongi
09-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi Lydia, well once you´ve been playing around with the East West stuff you´ll just throw that old GPO in the draw and forget about it, well I did except to say..... although there are no articulations the woodwind is far more in tune than on my East West Library ! I listened to some of your music which is very nice, I think you need to work a little on the mixing side, for example in Exodus the Glockenspiel is louder than the whole orchestra and that´s not possible unless he has a 500 watt amplifier ?? I don´t think so right? but some really nice scores ! Chris. My folks came from Sweden too ;)

Crystallions
09-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Chris,

You're absolutely right about the mixing. Usually my husband (Nathan) helps me with the mix, but he didn't have time for Exodus and I didn't know what to do - so it is not mixed at all. I need to learn though. I can't rely on Nathan being available to mix my stuff at all times - he does have other things to do as well... Do you have any advice on how to learn? (any books for example - or is it just something that I need to do over and over until I learn what to listen for?)

~ Lydia

krob43
09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey Lydia, great to see you here!

crackerjack
09-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Allright, another Okie ! I live in Norman myself. Welcome.

Allan

Gedren
09-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Hi again, Lydia! ;)
Really great to see you here! Welcome to the forum!
And it's also such a pleasure to find out more gifted and wonderful composers among beautiful ladies!

MacMatt
09-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Welcome Lydia and a greeting from Switzerland! :)
- Matteo

lostrain
09-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Greetings from the northern plains, this is a great site, enjoy!

Nash
09-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Welcome to forum Okie :)