PDA

View Full Version : EWQLSO Gold Advice

TomD
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I am thinking of purchasing the EWQLSO Gold package. Would my Powermac G4 with dual processors with 1GB of Ram be enough to use this version?

Thank you,

TomD

amo
04-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Tip: don't miss the "crossgrade" price, around 500$.....

metrobot
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
TomD - here's a bump to see if someone with Gold and your system can chime in. For what it's worth, I have silver with 900MB of RAM (another 512 is on the way!), dual 1.3Ghz G4 and I can load around 4 or 5 large instruments before the low memory warning comes on. I have yet to max out my processors. My impression is that Gold processing requirements are somewhat higher than Silver, but the RAM requirements are a lot higher. It's still 16-bit, so your machine gets a break. But there are no sample stretches like in Silver, and it has release samples all of which require more ram. And you are tempted to load more articulations cuz you got 'em making it all the more taxing. Make sure your secondary hard drive is at least 7200rpm, increase your ram to the max, and you should be able to get somewhere.

By the way - OT - what's the new Silver to Gold upgrade price?? Somehow I don't think it's still $700 like it says on the upgrade page! ;)

Kaatza_Music
04-14-2005, 09:17 PM
I am running EWQLSO Gold and Logic 6.3 on a dual 800 with 1.5 gigs RAM. I can load 6 or 7 instances on Gold (48 - 56 samples most of them keyswitches) without a problem. I had to tweak the DFD settings on Kompakt and Kontakt though. I have them set low 48-72. I still get the odd overload message, but not very often.

I also run Gold on a P4 3.0 GHz with 3 Gigs of ram and XP Pro configured with all of the audio tweaks. It performs about the same as the Mac with dual 800.