PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from barely sunny Kingston

RobBrooks
09-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Hi,

I'm new here. (Obviously).

I'm a composer / sound designer / coder working mainly for the games industry right now but I'm looking to broaden my horizons in the near future.

I just wanted to say hello right now and share some experiences with the product range.

As yet I only have Colossus but I'm very much looking forward to receiving my composer bundle which I ordered through the EU site as soon as possible.

Does it usually take so long to fill orders in Europe?

It's been nearly 2 weeks now and there's still no sign of it.

Anyway I'll post more later when I've checked it all out.

Cheers,

Rob.

Crystallions
09-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

It took me somewhere around 2-3 weeks to get my products (but I live in the US and it may be totally different here from Europe).

~ Lydia :)

fongi
09-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Hi and welcome, Kingston Jamaica is sunny but not where you live old buddy, you´re right about that! I lived a few years in Richmond not so far from you and it was seldom sunny :( but that´s another story, welcome aboard !

Nash
09-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Hi and welcome Rob,

Working in game industry is great, that is what I would like to do as well, Maybe I am not good enough?:o

Enjoy !!!:D

fongi
09-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Maybe you are and you´re not connected to the right people ? (more than half the battle) :D

RobBrooks
09-30-2007, 05:08 AM
Maybe you are and you´re not connected to the right people ? (more than half the battle) :D

I agree. Most of the battle is not *what* you know but *who* you know.

Being in the industry for 18 years as a programmer has helped because you end up knowing a lot of poeple all over the place who can put work your way.

Also it gives you an edge when it comes to understanding the technical side of things a little better.

Oh and regarding my order........ Michiel from the EU side of things was waiting on a copy of Symphonic Choirs to complete my order but has sent ahead the rest of the package which I shall recieve tomorrow.

I have a new really zippy hard disk installed to put everything on when it gets here.

About as excited as you can get with clothes on right now. :)

Crystallions
09-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Oh and regarding my order........ Michiel from the EU side of things was waiting on a copy of Symphonic Choirs to complete my order but has sent ahead the rest of the package which I shall recieve tomorrow.

That is awesome! You will like it! :)

RobBrooks
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
That is awesome! You will like it! :)

You're not wrong. This is awesome stuff. I've not even started tweaking anything yet or adding in the C and S components and already things are sounding frighteningly realistic.

Congratulations and thanks guys.

This is going to make me sound very very impressive to potential clients.

:D