Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Hardware
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 AM

trancexdj is on a distinguished road
Default Blown away with Hollywood Strings

I installed Hollywood Strings yesterday, and it took a short while for me to get the hang of them. The playibility, and expressive sound is stunning!! I'm running in the latest version of Vienna MIR and VEPRO. Apart from the play instruments I use, yep I'm a big VSL user, owning 20 full collections and all their software. It seems like I'm coming back to EW. I'm using play version 2 and not the latest HS software, (what came on the drive), and I kinda feel afraid to update since the performance and stability was flawless! If anyone has a similiar setup, and running play 3 smoothly, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Also is their some way to set the library/engine to load the close mics by default?! That would save me a hell of time.

Last edited by trancexdj; 02-21-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:09 AM
Gold Member

lejmer is on a distinguished road

At the moment you cannot set the close mics as the default. But you can save each of the patches that you use on a regular basis as new patches, where you have the close mics loaded instead of the main mics.

I run 20 or so instances of Play at the moment in my setup and it works flawlessly (except for one very annyoing problem, but it's not Play-related). If you update HS you'll get better performance from the library, and in my opinion Play is very stable and has been since version 2, so you will only gain by updating. You can always downgrade again. Just make a copy of your HS samples first.
My name is Anthony (birthname Anton) Berlin, and I am a professional composer living in Sweden. I'm not going to bore you with which sample libraries I own, but I'd love to have a chat with you, about everything between heaven and earth. Take care!

www.anthonyberlin.com
Full Showreel 2013 (YouTube)
Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 AM

trancexdj is on a distinguished road

Great! If I save all the patches loaded with close mic positions, I'm assuming that will overwrite the original, since the HS drive is R/W. Yeah?!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Gold Member

jdrcomposer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jdrcomposer

You can overwrite them, or save them as a new file.

Software: Logic 9 Pro, Hollywood Strings Diamond, EWQLSO Gold, Symphonic Choirs, Ministry of Rock, SD2, Gypsy, Voices of Passion, Hollywood Brass Diamond, soon Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds...
Computer: Mac OS X Version 10.6.4, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon.
12 GB Ram

"Not all music is musical. But then, not all poetry is poetic, not all love is lovely, and not all orange juice is fresh squeezed." - Charles Bernstein
Closed Thread