Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:34 PM

suntower is on a distinguished road
Default Save All Presets In Cubase Or VEP?

Hi,

Using Cubase 6... with it's goofy 'presets'. Is there a way in EWQLSO to save all loaded presets in one meta-preset (what used to be FXBs in older Cubase)

I also have VEP. Perhaps I should just be loading EWQLO in VEP Metaframes and bypass Cubase altogether?

Trying to have a 'template' way of working.

TIA,

---JC
Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Platinum˛ Member

aptmusic9 is on a distinguished road

If you are talking about PLAY plugins, you can save a .ews instrument using the FILE > SAVE AS in the PLAY window. This way you can open it in either VEP or Cubase. If you want to save a large template of multiple instruments, VEP Metaframe or viframe is the way to go. Cubase has a 'save template' function, but its basically just saving a project file that you have to load every time.
Core i7 3930k - ASUS PX79 Pro - 64GB RAM - W7 Pro on 240GB Neutron SSD - RME HDSPe AIO - OCZ RevoDrive 120GB - Crucial RealSSD 256GB - 8 x HDD - Motif XS8 - Focal Solo 6 Be - Cubase 7.0.4 - Sibelius 7 - VE PRO - QL Spaces - Altiverb 6 - Complete EWQL Hollywood Series Diamond - SC - SD2 - EWQL Pianos - MOR - Requiem Choir - VSL SE+ - Symphobia 1 and 2 - True Strike - Pro Tools 10 and 11
Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Diamond Member

Jeff Hayat is on a distinguished road

Hey JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntower View Post
Is there a way in EWQLSO to save all loaded presets in one meta-preset (what used to be FXBs in older Cubase)
If you are talking about your instances of VEP loaded in the VST rack (F11), then you can save each instance as a preset. With an instance loaded, just click that little box on the bottom right of the slot, and do save preset. What would be really cool, is if you could save multiple instances as one preset, but alas, that feature has not shown it's face yet.

You can also save your VEP metadata as files that you can reload anytime, but you would have to do that from within VEP - you cant do that inside Cubase.

Cheers.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmusic9 View Post
If you are talking about PLAY plugins, you can save a .ews instrument using the FILE > SAVE AS in the PLAY window. This way you can open it in either VEP or Cubase. If you want to save a large template of multiple instruments, VEP Metaframe or viframe is the way to go. Cubase has a 'save template' function, but its basically just saving a project file that you have to load every time.
I have no EWS option. I can only save each instrument (EWI). I don't get it.

In the future I'll shift to VEP Metaframes but for now... with the projects I'm working on, I'd like to stick with using 1 instance of Play in Cubase. So figuring out the EWS thing would REALLY help.

What am I missing?

TIA,

---JC
Old 03-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Platinum˛ Member

Sorry, yes I meant .ewi. If you have 1 instance of PLAY, you can save that using the preset function built into cubase I believe, like Jeff described
Core i7 3930k - ASUS PX79 Pro - 64GB RAM - W7 Pro on 240GB Neutron SSD - RME HDSPe AIO - OCZ RevoDrive 120GB - Crucial RealSSD 256GB - 8 x HDD - Motif XS8 - Focal Solo 6 Be - Cubase 7.0.4 - Sibelius 7 - VE PRO - QL Spaces - Altiverb 6 - Complete EWQL Hollywood Series Diamond - SC - SD2 - EWQL Pianos - MOR - Requiem Choir - VSL SE+ - Symphobia 1 and 2 - True Strike - Pro Tools 10 and 11
Old 03-25-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmusic9 View Post
Sorry, yes I meant .ewi. If you have 1 instance of PLAY, you can save that using the preset function built into cubase I believe, like Jeff described
OK, thanks. I've tried that and found it unreliable... or I'm doing something terribly wrong. Back in the day... FXBs -always- worked for this purpose. But with the new 'MediaBay' VSTPresets, I hit 'save' and it gets lost somehow... I am sure it's being saved -some- place, but I have no idea -where-... ie. the preset won't come up the next time I start a new project with an instance of Play.

---JC
Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Platinum˛ Member

I'm referring to this square icon near the top left of the screen shot in Cubase. I tested it out, and looks like it doesnt recall the PLAY GUI skin for hollywood brass, but it remembered the samples and loaded those correctly based on the preset. Thats probably a bug for EWQL and Cubase to sort out.....So, in this case it would probably be better to use the .ewi method in PLAY because:

1. it recalls the GUI
2. It's cross platform. That same .ewi preset can be brought up in a DAW other than Cubase.

If you are looking for a huge template multi-platform solution, VEP metaframe is the best option at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg play GUI.jpg (97.2 KB, 22 views)
Closed Thread