Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member

pkm is on a distinguished road

But most importantly, ask the film makers for what you need.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Silver Member

Inductance is on a distinguished road

I agree with KenK. If they already had a video (to upload to Youtube), what is keeping him from providing you with this file? Seems strange to me.

I was recently brought onto a project in the early stages of post-production, so there was only rough footage and the script available. So in this case, it's understandable that I didn't get the video (at least the "locked" version) available. But once the editing is done, I don't see why you can't get a copy.

"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
Old 04-13-2012, 12:48 PM

jtay is on a distinguished road

Both times it has happened so far it has been in the rough stages of editing, so that might explain it to some degree. I was able to procure the file for one project by playing a little more email tag with the director and editor. The other one still hasn't been able to get me a file, though; I'm stuck with a password protected Vimeo link to the rough cut until the editor gets the film picture locked. The password protection makes that one difficult to convert even if I wanted to.

On a side note, I remember trying to convert a YouTube link in the past, and I ran into an issue with the converted copy being at a strange frame rate. The video I converted wound up being at 11fps or something. To bring the file into Cubase, the frame rate needs to be something normal, like 30fps, to synch properly. Not sure why this was the case, but I haven't tried since.
Closed Thread