Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Music Cafe
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member

trumpoz is on a distinguished road
Default Soaring Above The Crowd (repost)

Hi Everyone,

I've been on holidays so at last I have found time to write mock-up. Here is one I have been working on.

http://soundcloud.com/trumpoz/soarin...the-crowd#play

Comments, criticism and abuse are all welcome.

Thanks

Richard
As a musician, I have standards for what I'm willing to put my name on. When I worked on a show for the first time, all of that changed
Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Platinum˛ Member

tedreedy is on a distinguished road

very nice Richard! solid orchestration, interesting progression, and you've made good use of HB, well done.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member

Thankyou very much Ted It was doing my head in for a while, but I'm happy that I got it finished.

I'd really like some suggestions on creating further depth from anyone as well please. Ive quite agressively panned some of the sections,rolled off some of the highs in the brass/woodwind sections to try and create a sense of distance, and increased the pre-delay on the reverb as the sections were closer to the front. Are there any other effects that would be worth exploring or is it a matter of further experimenting with these three?

Thanks

Richard
As a musician, I have standards for what I'm willing to put my name on. When I worked on a show for the first time, all of that changed
Old 04-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member

bumpidy bump - any other thoughts?

Cheers
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Platinum Member

Ok - quick question.

I've just listened to this online and it sounds distorted and generally lo-fi. I've listened the to MP3 on my computer and it sounds fine. The wave-form in sound cloud doesn't look like it should be peaking. Is there something with sound cloud where sounds distort at lower volumes than my DAW?
Closed Thread