Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:01 PM

jtay is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from CO

I suppose I should post here since it's clear to me that I'm going to be hanging around for a while. I'm from Colorado. Graduated from Colorado State University with a B. A. in Music and a B. S. in Mechanical Engineering. Still looking for a regular full time job with engineering since graduation and also doing the best I can to pursue film composing from where I'm at. Did some scoring for a couple of high school film projects to get some experience and am currently working on another more serious, but still unpaid, project with a local filmmaker.

I enjoy listening to movie soundtracks and heavy metal sub-genres that include the words progressive, technical, or melodic (progressive death metal, melodic hardcore, technical deathcore, et al). I'll listen to anything that has good orchestration, though.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Welcome!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Gold Member

JijGaat is on a distinguished road

Hey there,

you've come to the right forum to suit your needs considering feedback for music production, but also feedback on your writing. I am curious though, do you list to symphonic metal? I think it fits in your musical taste :P. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

Best,
Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

boulifb is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!

Fred.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM

jtay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JijGaat View Post
Hey there,

you've come to the right forum to suit your needs considering feedback for music production, but also feedback on your writing. I am curious though, do you list to symphonic metal? I think it fits in your musical taste :P. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

Best,
I do listen to symphonic metal! I still haven't found any albums I want to buy yet, though. I'm pretty picky when it comes to buying music. Epica is probably closest to something I would buy.

As for movie soundtracks, I think my current favorite is How to Train Your Dragon (John Powell). My other favorites would be Pay it Forward (Thomas Newman), and Earthquake--an obscure John Williams score from the 70s that sounds very different from a lot of the other stuff he's done.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Gold Member

JijGaat is on a distinguished road

Haha, I have to agree with you on your favorite score of this moment. It's really a great thing John Powell did with the film. Symphonic metal isn't really my thing, but there are some songs of apocalyptica I like :P. I haven't even heard from earthquake, I'll give it a listen some time soon .