Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Silver Member

Erik Wietzel is on a distinguished road
Default Music and novel writing

Hello fellow musicians,
It's been a while since I've post here. Actually, been a while since recording music - though playing piano on an everyday basis
But I was finalizing my new book, wich is a medfan fantasy novel. It'll be out in stores in july the 4th. This the cover ! And here is the news.
I hope I'll be able to produce a theme/tune for it, using my beloved EW platinium-orchestra, VoP for my succubus... and at last make it to the PC farm with the royalties...
I'd already composed a few themes for my trilogy, back in 2006. That was an interesting job, despite being a bit selfcentered and egotic

Cheers to you all !
Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 AM

bardofawen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to bardofawen Send a message via AIM to bardofawen Send a message via MSN to bardofawen Send a message via Yahoo to bardofawen

Welcome, Erik! Congratulations on the new novel.

I used to do a little writing for the Dragonlance series years ago, and at the time, I had been working on music for the series. I've always thought it would be a great project to write a novel and include a soundtrack with the novel.

Good luck with your work!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Welcome back Erik. Nice book cover, congrats.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Silver Member

Bart Klepka is on a distinguished road

Welcome back Erik. Congrats on finishing your novel, would love to hear the author's version of the musical themes.

That's a great cover btw, who did the artwork?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member

OneThrow is on a distinguished road

Great bit of creativity there.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 AM

Anthony Vu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Anthony Vu

Congrats on the book. The cover is SICK!!! Do you know who the artist is?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Gold Member

Bryan2449 is on a distinguished road

I wrote a book one time. I got 8 pages into it and my computer crashed. I got so depressed that I never started it again.

Software: Sonar 8 Producer, EWQLSO and EWQL Goliath, Omnisphere, VSL
Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Silver Member

Erik Wietzel is on a distinguished road

Thank you !!!

Anthony, the artist is Benjamin Carré. He's done several covers for many publishers, mostly fantasy-SciFi at the mo. And a comic too. I guess he's in his early 30's. Our Art director did an incredible job at integrating the succubus - that's who she is ! - in the background and scaling up the image. Informations about the making off, with different stages, here.

Bryan, it did happen to me a couple of times

Not back at music Writing a new novel, same publisher, different universe. BUT still playing piano And collecting melodies, ideas... Looking forward to being able to buy my PC farm and use my Platinum at last And I'm taking lessons in mixing on the web. Basic stuff but I'm soooooo lame at it.

Thanx again to you all. Have a great time with the almighty, inspiring, awsome instruments we find here
Wish you the best!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Silver Member

Sp3ctre18 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sp3ctre18

Heh, this topic caught my eye because I'm also a writer / novelist and composer. Although I do so because I work on it, I wonder maybe I can't call myself novelist since I have finished a single novel. :P I didn't read the whole news article, but I see you've already written a trilogy before that. That's great.

Although I have some planned ventures in mystery and drama, my main focus is scifi. I'm having a VERY hard time balancing my composition with writing though. There's TONS I want to do in music, from more epic scores, fun music, irish reels, classical symphonies and concertos, to experimental and comedy like PDQ Bach. Yet I'm the same way with novels. I have one primary scifi universe that will have a series of novels based on it, but I also have planned 2 other major stand alone novels in a different scifi universe, plus at least 3 other scifi ideas, a drama, and a mystery.

I'm focusing on my main scifi novel, but every time I want to start, I keep feeling I need to take a further step back to further think about characters, technology, history, or something like that, becuase I keep feeling I don't have an adequate, firm setting in which to place or come up with a story.

But anyway, I too have written a few pieces inspired by my scifi or meant to be directly connected. One of my other scifi universe, has a very unique, dark setting I will not divulge, so I wrote the main theme for it; VERY different style than anything I had written before - and I love it.
This Can Be Pronounced: My Project for Supporting & Advising on Foreign Language Studies
Old 07-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Gold Member

composeralex is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!

I'm a professional film composer who also wants to get into screenwriting.

(Go Harold Kloser! Hopefully 2012 will be good ...)
Closed Thread