Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)

Old 08-01-2018, 03:23 AM
Silver Member

sururick is on a distinguished road
Default How does Spaces II compare to the other popular reverbs?

I'm thinking of coming back to the composer cloud specifically for Spaces II. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get the instruments to work properly without dropouts, pops and clicks, etc. This is with a new system which has an SSD, 32 GB of Ram, and i7 processor. I was pretty happy with Spaces, does Spaces II blow Spaces right out of the water? Does it make a huge impact on your orchestral music? How does Spaces II compare to the other popular reverbs out there such as Altiverb? Right now I am using Wave's IR1 convolution reverb.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

michaelpluebell is on a distinguished road

As far as pops and clicks, what's your buffer size set to (should be 512 or 1024, maybe 256 if you have a good Audio Interface)?
Old 08-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Diamond Member

peter5992 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sururick View Post
I'm thinking of coming back to the composer cloud specifically for Spaces II. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get the instruments to work properly without dropouts, pops and clicks, etc. This is with a new system which has an SSD, 32 GB of Ram, and i7 processor. I was pretty happy with Spaces, does Spaces II blow Spaces right out of the water? Does it make a huge impact on your orchestral music? How does Spaces II compare to the other popular reverbs out there such as Altiverb? Right now I am using Wave's IR1 convolution reverb.

It's an upgrade from Spaces, in terms of additional impulses, new rooms, etc. I'm not sure that "blowing out of the water" is the right term, Spaces 1 was and is great. Definitely better than Waves, on par with Altiverb, Lexicon, etc. This is obviously very subjective, just my opinion.

I have a 10 year old laptop with a core i7 processor and 24 GB of memory. It can handle Spaces 1, and Spaces 2, and plenty of EW instruments, all simultaneously. If you have dropouts and pops and clicks, you have a technical issue that is not related to Spaces.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:52 AM

gerrit is on a distinguished road

Did you check if the "Multithreading" option in the settings make a difference? Spaces II shouldn't use up more resources than Spaces 1.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Diamond Member

jspencer is on a distinguished road

And susurick is still trying to use onboard audio