Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > General Discussion (no support posts)
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Silver Member

aevan is on a distinguished road
Default Is Complete Composer Collection HD cross platform?

Does anyone know if the Complete Composer Collection comes with all the installers for Windows 32 bit & 64 bit, plus Mac osX on the drive regardless of the format of the drive you select when you order?
I have 2 systems, a PC tower system running Windows and a Macbook pro. I use Cubase 5 as the host on both. I want to buy the CCC and put it in my PC, but then be able to put it on a Firewire drive and use it on my Macbook as well as the PC by just moving the ilok to the Powerbook.
Is this be possible?
Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Silver Member

Oldfield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Oldfield

It has windows and mac logos on the box, and I'm pretty sure it's cross platform.

I believe you can run it on multiple PCs, but only one at a time, with the iLok, yes.

I haven't tried either, as I only own the one windows PC.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Oldfield, I was a bit confused by asking what format drive you want with the order but I guess that has to do with the writing vs read only thing that happens depending on drive format. I figure I would be safest to get windows as that's what my main system is.
Cheers.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Platinum˛ Member

Jonathan Kranz is on a distinguished road

Our Hard Drive products do come with installers on the drives for OS X, Win 32, and Win 64, regardless of how the drive is formatted. Should for some reason you not have access to the installer that came on the drive, you can also always just run the latest PLAY Software Update as well, which will install all of the necessary software components, minus the actual sample library of course.

-Jonathan
Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Silver Member

Thanks Jonathon. All I needed to know.
Cheers.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Gold Member

desktop_arranger_ is on a distinguished road

hi, does that means that if I am on PC and I decide to start using a Mac, I can use my current libraries with the Mac?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member

playz123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by desktop_arranger_ View Post
hi, does that means that if I am on PC and I decide to start using a Mac, I can use my current libraries with the Mac?
Absolutely. You may have to reload all the libraries of course, depending on the formatting of your new drives etc., but lots of people have switched from a PC to a Mac (or vice versa) and taken their EWQL products with them. EWQL isn't Adobe...fortunately.
Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz, OS 10.8.2, 18 GB RAM, RME Multiface II with HDSPe interface. Cubase 7, Play editions of Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Symphonic Choirs, VOP, Fab Four, Gypsy, EWQLSO Gold Plus, SD2 Pro, Goliath, RA, Silk, QL Pianos and Spaces. EthnoWorld 4, Chris Hein Horns Pro, Chris Hein Guitar and Bass, Symphobia 1 & 2, LASS 2, Albion, VOXOS, Requiem Pro, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian etc.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Silver Member

Dreamcube017 is on a distinguished road

Really? So in reality it doesn't matter if I picked the windows or the Mac version then?

Good to know.

Software

FL Studio 10 | EW/QL Colossus | QL RA
EW/QL Symphonic Choirs (NI) | EWQLSO GOLD PLAY | EWQL Gypsy | QL Silk | EWQL SD2 | EWQL Minestry of Rock | EWQL VOP | EWQL Pianos Gold | NI Reaktor 5 | NI Kore player with two expansion packs

A dream is just a reality that does not take place within these four dimensions.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

playz123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcube017 View Post
Really? So in reality it doesn't matter if I picked the windows or the Mac version then?

Good to know.
If you are talking about delivery on a hard drive, and the drive itself and not the libraries themselves, then it certainly does matter which drive you select, since Mac formatting (depending on what it is), may not be readable by a PC. So best choose the format of drive that matches your system. There's a difference here between your first question about the libraries and this one that concerns a hard drive. If delivered on DVD, the software can be installed on either a Mac or a PC, but if you order it on a Mac drive and then decide to use it on PC you'll have to get it off the Mac drive first.
Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz, OS 10.8.2, 18 GB RAM, RME Multiface II with HDSPe interface. Cubase 7, Play editions of Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Symphonic Choirs, VOP, Fab Four, Gypsy, EWQLSO Gold Plus, SD2 Pro, Goliath, RA, Silk, QL Pianos and Spaces. EthnoWorld 4, Chris Hein Horns Pro, Chris Hein Guitar and Bass, Symphobia 1 & 2, LASS 2, Albion, VOXOS, Requiem Pro, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian etc.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Silver Member

Dreamcube017 is on a distinguished road

Oh... well then I hope things went through alright then. I'd hate to be so happy that it arrived, open the box just to see a mac drive. I'd be one sad little waffle. I wrote requesting a switch. Hopefully it happened.

Still, good to know.

Software

FL Studio 10 | EW/QL Colossus | QL RA
EW/QL Symphonic Choirs (NI) | EWQLSO GOLD PLAY | EWQL Gypsy | QL Silk | EWQL SD2 | EWQL Minestry of Rock | EWQL VOP | EWQL Pianos Gold | NI Reaktor 5 | NI Kore player with two expansion packs

A dream is just a reality that does not take place within these four dimensions.
Closed Thread

Tags
ccc