Go Back   Soundsonline-Forums > Topics > Introduce Yourself
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:17 PM

Julio is on a distinguished road
Talking Kia ora from NZ!

Hi there.

I’m a classical/rock musician living in Christchurch, New Zealand, running a string quartet and a rock band, and writing chamber works, songs, film scores and ditties in my so-called spare time .

It’s great to be on board.

Julio
Old 04-13-2007, 09:12 PM

river is on a distinguished road

Greetings from one day in the past. I have another online acquaintance from NZ, always been intrigued and hope to get there one day. Happy scoring!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:27 AM

Wink We’re like a fungus

Greetings, Ghost of Christmas River. I hope to cross paths with you again soon; I just need to remember to tuck those waders into my PJs…

Kiwis seem to be getting fingers in all sorts of pies these days: maybe it’s about time I opened my own peculiar brand of bakery.

Speaking of such things, business is a bit slow at the moment, so I’m thinking of picking up more side projects for the winter period. That and getting my “studio” (think: limited budget) up and running properly are the main focus these days: those sampler gaps (especially orchestral instruments) will have to be filled soon, after I upgrade my microphones and monitor speakers, which take priority at this juncture.

Pleasure to meet you,

Julio
Old 04-14-2007, 08:45 AM

river is on a distinguished road

By all means, bring your waders. I have the best smallmouth bass fishing in all of Tennessee right in my backyard!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Platinum² Member

fongi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to fongi

Hi Julio, I ´m sending you my welcome from Krautland well Germany is where I live but I´m a Pom composer have fun !
Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 AM
EastWest Producer

Doug Rogers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio
Hi there.

I’m a classical/rock musician living in Christchurch, New Zealand, running a string quartet and a rock band, and writing chamber works, songs, film scores and ditties in my so-called spare time .

It’s great to be on board.

Julio
Welcome to our forum Julio!

I don't know if you know this, but I'm a New Zealander also, living in L.A. for over 20 years now.

Do you use any of our libraries?

- Doug
Old 04-14-2007, 03:39 PM

Talking You betcha!

Hiya all.

River: That’s rather coincidental: around the back of our place we have Smallmouth-Walking-Bass— the world-famous mumbling Maori chief and local jazz legend.

Fongi: It’s jolly spiffing to make your acquaintance, old bean. As it happens, it seems nearly all of my friends have moved to Germany in recent months: I suppose that’s reflective of some sort of neue Gruppenwanderlust. You’ll probably bump into one or two of them in your line of work…

Doug: Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to learn of your locational lineage a couple of months ago; your doughnut shop seems to be doing very well indeed. And I certainly do use them: I started out with Colossus (which single-handedly changed my life ) then added Symphonic Choirs, StormDrum and Adrenaline in acute bouts of spending. After upgrading my speakers and mics, my sights will be firmly set on EWQLSO (the main perceived deficit in my current sonic palette), probably the Gold+XP, and then numerous others, when funds allow. The PLAY upgrade is also going to be a must, especially for SC, as my WordBuilder woes are currently insurmountable. In short, I can’t wait for your next exciting batch of cookies.

Ka kite,

Julio
Old 05-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member

Nash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nash

Welcome Julio,

Enjoy!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:18 AM

Talking Geographical Thais

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, Nashmeister 96K.

I extend my arc of greeting in a Perthward direction; it’s always a great pleasure to make the acquaintance of a West Island West Coaster .

Hope everything’s going great for you: we just had a long haul wedding expo today (the off-season madness has begun…), so exhaustification has certainly been attained, just in time for the new week .

Take care,

Julio
Closed Thread